In the following Cookies policy we describe the types of files and explain what these files are used for in bgk24 electronic banking service owned by Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego: www.bgk24.pl
What are cookie files and what do we use them for?
Cookies are small text files saved on your device (e.g. computer, smartphone, tablet) by the internet browser you are currently using. Cookie files are very common and used on almost all websites because they are very useful. They are used to improve website operation and make it more attractive to the user.
In bgk24 internet banking service we use cookie files essential for its proper functioning:
- Technical – which enable the use of the services available on the website
- Security – they are used to detect fraud connected with authentication in the transaction service
- Functional – they store settings chosen by the user and user’s tailored interface, e.g. language choice.
How long is data stored in cookies?
Cookie files can be divided into two groups depending on the time for which they are installed in the browser. These can be:
- Session cookies - that remain saved on your device until you leave the website or close the internet browser.
- Persistent cookies - that remain on your device for the time specified in the parameters of a given file or until they are manually deleted by the user.
How to delete cookies?
Cookie files can be easily deleted, using proper functions in internet browsers. However, you must remember that cookie files may contain information that is necessary for the website to function correctly.
That is why deleting or completely disabling the service of cookie files on the website may result in the problem with the work of some functions of a given website.
The way of managing cookie files depends on the kind of internet browser that the user uses. Below we present direct links to the browsers producers’ websites, where you may obtain current information on this.
Please note that:
- BGK reserves the right to change this Cookies Policy at any time without informing the users about it.
- The changes made to the Cookies Policy will always be published on this subpage and enter into force on the date of publication.