The purpose of the government's non-repayable housing support programme is to increase the supply of housing and social welfare premises to meet the needs of people on low and average incomes.
The programme is financed by the Subsidy Fund and is operated by BGK.
BGK’s tasks include
- accepting applications for financial support and their formal evaluation
- notifying the support beneficiaries who submitted applications of the results of the formal evaluation and BGK's decision to grant support
- concluding contracts for financial support with beneficiaries of the support
- making funds payments
- monitoring projects covered by financial support in terms of meeting contractual and statutory conditions
- checking the correctness of settlement of the support granted after the completion of the project
- periodical verification of the level of compensation granted in case of projects connected with public service activities of general economic interest